University Grants Commission Call for Letter of Intent Entrepreneurship Support Program (ESP)-2022: UGC proposes to encourage graduate students and young faculties for entrepreneurship under the Entrepreneurship Support Program (ESP), which is a key initiative under the Nurturing Excellence in Higher Education Program (NEI HT) implemented by UGC.
UGC will provide course development grants to HEIs, proposal development funds to eligible faculties and graduate students, and start-up seed funds to young faculties and graduate students to run small, medium, and large-scale enterprises.
UGC invites Universities/HEIs to submit an LOI focused on entrepreneurship training for start-up seed fund grants to graduate students and young faculties.
Priority themes for entrepreneurship training and start-up seed fund grant
- Agriculture, food resources, agriculture technology
- High-performance (smart) materials and products
- Clean and renewable energy
- Global warming, green economy, and carbon neutrality
- Climate change and the Environment
- Social inclusion and gender equality
- Population dynamics and human mobility
- Other areas have the potential for growth and impact such as IT
All Universities/HEIs are eligible for the application of LOI. However, Universities/HEIs should not have received any similar funding prior to application.
LOI should include the following information:
A) Basic information on the Universities/HEIs/Incubation centers
- Research Management Cell (RMC) establishment date
- Total full-time faculty members
- Faculty members directly involved in
(c) Collaboration with other academic institutions
(d) Collaboration with enterprises
- Accomplishments of RMC (in brief)
B) Entrepreneurship-specific information
- At least one-page strategy paper to promote partnership with the private sector, develop relevant course content, and to engage experts during content preparation, training, and incubation
- Other information supportive to develop entrepreneurship
Tong with the LOI, HEIs are requested to submit a concept note/proposal no longer than 1.5 pages describing the vision for conducting the entrepreneurship support program
Deadline for application submission: Nov. 23, 2022
For more information please visit:
- For list of NEHEP Program Documents: https://www.ugcnepal.edu.np/uploadsfflupload/168Esq.pdf
- For, Standards, Operations Policies, and Guidelines on Research and Entrepreneurship: https://ugcnepal.edu.np/uploads///upload/168Esq.pdf
- For Operations Manual: https://vvww.ugcnepal.edu.np/uploadsfflupload/168Esq.pdf