WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 1981, we've remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people's lives. Without all three. people can't live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential. break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. Children grow up healthy and strong. women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be. By inspiring people and sparking chain reactions we help deliver lasting change in what's normal. By working closely with partners internationally and on the ground in some of the toughest places in the world, we help achieve widespread change. Millions of people have already taken control of their lives and built better futures.
WaterAid is looking for the following position to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation, and hygiene in the world's poorest communities.
Position: Business Development Manager
- Duration: 1 year (with a possibility of extension)
- Duty Station: WaterAid Nepal Office, Nakhipot. Lalitpur
- Required No.: One
- Reports to: Country Director
In order to implement its Country Programme Strategy (CPS), WaterAid Nepal, intends to establish a strong resourcing pipeline. For this. WaterAid Nepal wants to build on the existing business relations and expand these to strengthen current resourcing pipeline. In this regard, a 'Funding Plan' along with 'Donor Scoping' has lately been developed. The position of Business Development Manager will establish the vision of the business development of WaterAid Nepal in line with its funding plan. S/he would liaise with national and international funding agencies (institutional and other high-value donors) independently and through organizational channels to ensure building robust and sustainable business relationships; leading to generate long-term resources to deliver on WaterAid Nepal's strategic objectives and program plans.
- Masters degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role.
- ProVen ability to identify new business opportunities and create successful partnerships.
- Broad knowledge of a range of bilateral and multilateral institutional donors and CSR of corporate bodies.
- Experience of consortia partnership.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilization strategies.
- Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with the WaterAid Federation and global country programmes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Team player, inclusive and value diversity.
- Funding proposal development experience
- Knowledge of WASH and its importance as a key contributor in transforming human lives.
- Knowledge of INGOs and other related stakeholders related to WASH at different levels.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water. sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion, and professionalism, we will give you a lot back.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender. race. disability, age, sexual orientation. gender reassignment, religion or belief marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organization.
Interested and competent applicants are requested to fill up an online application form available on www.p2p.com.np and submit (i) an application letter (ii) a recent Curriculum Vitae no later than Wednesday, 14th November 2018.
Detailed Job Description for the position can be obtained from www.p2p.com.np
For queries please contact People2People at 01-5539788 / 5539746
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.