Gorkha Campus was established in 2035 BS (1978 AD) at Gorkha Bazar as a constituent campus of Tribhuvan University (TU) and contributed to the development of higher education in diverse courses with academic excellence from the time of its foundation. Gorkha Campus Awarded with Quality Assurance and Accreditation (QAA) Certificate in 2022 AD.
In addition to teaching education in bachelor's and master's degrees, it has started bachelor's and Master's programs even in core sciences. Its location is in the historical district of Gorkha at the heart of the country, Nepal. A team of experienced teaching and non-teaching staff has been working with specialized commitment to meet its vision of being a leading regional institute of western Nepal. Gorkha campus has made its identity with its unique features of student-friendly administrative staff, highly-skilled and experienced teachers, and record-breaking performances of the students.
The vision of Gorkha Campus:
To become a leading, vibrant, and equitable university for meeting global academic needs.
The mission of Gorkha Campus:
- To strengthen existing programs and offer new programs as time demands.
- To adopt new approaches, methods, and strategies for making teaching-learning learner-oriented in accordance with changes in technology, social context, and global perspectives.
- To launch training programs, seminars, and conferences for professional and academic development.
- To develop new resources for teaching and learning and exchange them among the educational institutes in and abroad.
- To prepare the students to participate more fully in the global community.
Core Values and Norms of Gorkha Campus:
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Inclusiveness and social justice
- Unity and continuity
Gorkha campus has been ranked as one of the top constituent campuses of Tribhuvan University (TU) since its establishment.
- It offers graduate and post-graduate programs in education and science in the semester and yearly systems in face-to-face and online mode (open and distance mode).
- The campus has a strong tradition of academic excellence.
- It is proud of its innovative approach to teaching and learning with rich resources of its own.
- It offers scholarship opportunities to needy and meritorious students.
- The campus is located in a peaceful place and has culture friendly environment.
- It offers students with all sports opportunities.
- Spacious classroom and rich laboratory.
- Discipline and study.
- Well-equipped and advanced library.
- Computer lab and e-facility.
- Student-oriented, cooperative teaching, and learning.
- Research and self-learning orientation.
- Competent and qualified faculties.
- Student-friendly and peaceful environment.
- Hostels and playgrounds.
Gorkha campus aims at making its students independent learners. Interaction, active participation, learning by doing, and experience-based approaches to teaching are in practice both in and out of the class, and field visit and educational excursions are carried out on regular bases as per discipline. It emphasizes a blend of theoretical and practical learning to incorporate knowledge and skills so as to reflect in social behavior as a cultured individual.
The library, photocopy service, computer lab, e-library, and science lab are the resource centers. Journals, periodicals, newspapers, magazines, maps, and other audio-visual materials are available to the students along with helpful administrative staff and timely counseling service from departments. Guest professors of various subjects have made a commitment to support the campus to take classes on regular basis.