Mahakavi Devkota Campus (MDC) was established in 2003 (2060 BS), which is located in Sunwal, Nawalparasi district of Nepal. It is a non-profit making community college which has been a leading college in this area. Since there is not even a single constituent college of Tribhuvan University in this district. It has been providing quality higher education to the local students at affordable cost. A large section of its student population constitutes economically backward and marginalized communities such as Dalit, Madhesi, Tharu, Muslim etc.
Mahakavi Devkota Campus has been laying its special attention to convey quality higher education. So it has participated in the QAA (Quality Assurance & Accreditation) Program launched by University Grant Commission (UGC), Nepal.
Objectives Mahakavi Devkota Campus:
- Professional development of faculties.
- Help develop students' practical & professional skill.
- Facilitate the overall development of the student.
- Motivate them for higher education.
- Encourage them for higher education.
- Relate teaching & learning with research.
- Manage required ICT Facilities.
- Implant social & moral values on students.
- Increase number & pass percentage of students.
- Help our graduates to get successful in life.
- Manage extra source of income to college.
- Offer an attractive academic program according to the current global context.
- Manage adequate sophisticated infrastructure & learning resources.
- Optimum use of modern technology in administrative activities.
- A Manage the required infrastructure for research activities.
Motto: Education for excellence.
Vision: MDC will be an excellent academic center of higher education
Mission: To develop globally competent and skilled human resources.
Goals of Mahakavi Devkota Campus:
- To develop marketable human resources.
- To increase the excel of local marginalized communities in higher education
- To impart research-based education.
- To integrate teaching, learning, evaluation and research activities with modern technology and procedures.
- To prepare culturally aware, socially responsible and practical sound citizens.
- To develop MDC as a self-sustained institution.