Marshyangdi Multiple Campus was established in 1990 AD (2047 B.S.) and located in Beshishahar, Lamjung district of Nepal. It is the first and a leading community campus and affiliated to Tribhuvan University (TU). It came into existence through the joint effort of well-known academicians, social workers, political figures and general public from the community. The MMC was founded with the motto of imparting quality education mainly to the students from the rural area of Lamjung, Manang, Tanahun and Gorkha districts and the students who are from underprivileged and marginalized groups as well as middle class backgrounds at affordable cost.
It has grown, both in size and in reputation into one of the leading higher educational institutions of the district within short period of its establishment. Fostered by enthusiastic and qualified lecturers and efficient working staff, the campus instills the values like compassion, self-abnegation, dedication, love for fellowmen and above all the thirst for wisdom and knowledge into students and prepares them for the challenges of the modern competitive world.
Marshyangdi Multiple Campus offers bachelor degree, Master degree and ten plus two programs such as BA, BBS, B.Ed., MA in Sociology, M.Ed. in Curriculum and Ten plus two in Management, Science and Humanities.
Vision: Marshyangdi Multiple Campus will be the nationally reputed best public campus for higher and technical educational of the nation.
Mission: Marshyangdi Multiple Campus exists to foster quality education at affordable fee structure to fulfill the national requirement, to uplift the society and nation by producing quality graduates compatible to labor markets.
Marshyangdi Multiple Campus has made a history and is dedicated to outline the future for the improvement of students as well as the education system of Nepal. It has made faith and credibility of community and is committed to preserve it through education in a disciplined and enlightening environment.
Facts Sheet of Marshyangdi Multiple Campus:
- Total Land Area: 70 Ropani
- Total Students: 987
- Total Teaching Staffs: 26
- Total Non-Teaching Staffs: 6
- NO of Books in the Library: 7000
- The first and reputed community campus of the district which is managed by a team of social leaders and academicians.
- Funded by University Grant Commission.
- Well-equipped library facility.
- Peaceful environment, experienced, qualified and dedicated lecturers.
- Reasonable and affordable fee structure.
- Special class conducted by multiple media projectors.
- Free E-mail and Internet service.
- More scholarship opportunity:
- Continuous assessment system
- Clean drinking water, playground, extracurricular activities and excursion and field trips.
- Faculty members and students are involved on research.
- Free Student Union
- Quiz Contest
- Sports: Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton
- Debate and Oratory Competition
- Essay writing competition
- Cultural Program
- Educational excursion
The campus offers three types of scholarship to students who are intelligent, from remote area, low economic status and marginalized groups.
- Scholarship from UGS: The girls from bachelor level are benefited from this scheme of scholarship.
- Tilak Bahadur Poudel Fixed Deposit Fund: A large number of Students from +2 level to Master’s degree are benefited from this scheme.
- Scholarship from Campus Own Resource: Every year the campus provides scholarship from its own fund to the students from + 2 level to Master’s degree.