BP Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital College of Nursing offers three years full-time nursing programs such as Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNS) in Oncology. This program is affiliated to Pokhara University and accredited from Nepal Nursing Council. A student needs to complete 4175 hours (equivalent to 174 credit hours) of coursework and practical graduation. Besides lectures, the classes are facilitated by case studies, group discussions, and a practical assignment.
The medium of instruction and examination for this program will be English.
Entry Requirements (Eligibility Criteria):
The entry requirement for a new student in Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNS) in Oncology will Proficiency Certificate Level in Nursing, accredited from Nepal Nursing Council; with at least 50% marks in aggregate with minimum 1 year of work experience. In addition, the student must pass the entrance test conducted by the University.
- BSC 121 Basic Science I
- BSC 122 Basic Science II
- BSC 123 Basic Science
- NCT 114 Nursing Concepts and Principles
- AHN 115 Adult Health Nursing
- CHN 116 Community Health Nursing
- MSO 147 Health Sociology and Psychology
- ENG 148 English
- COM 149 Computer Science
- GNR 211 Gerontology Nursing
- PSY 212 Psychiatric Nursing
- ONC 213 Oncology Nursing
- OBG 214 Obstetrical and Gynecological Nursing
- PED 215 Child Health Nursing
- EDS 236 Education Science
- ONC 313 Oncology Nursing
- REM 334 Research and Biostatistics
- LNM 335 Leadership and Management