The Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management (BHCM) program at Kantipur International College (KIC) is designed to provide students with comprehensive knowledge and skills in hospitality and catering management. The program is affiliated with Purbanchal University and is designed to meet international standards.
Course Overview: The BHCM program at KIC covers a wide range of topics, including food and beverage service, hotel operations, tourism management, accounting, marketing, and human resource management. Students are required to complete a total of 120 credit hours to graduate, including a 6-credit-hour internship.
Course Outlines: The program includes the following courses:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Food and Beverage Service Management
- Hotel and Lodging Management
- Tourism and Destination Management
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality Law and Ethics
- Information Technology in Hospitality and Tourism
- Language and Communication Skills
Objectives: The main objective of the BHCM program is to prepare graduates to work in the hospitality and catering industry. The program aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to manage hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality-related businesses.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the BHCM program at KIC, students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the hospitality and catering industry
- Apply marketing and financial management concepts to the hospitality and catering industry
- Develop and implement policies and strategies to enhance the competitiveness of the hospitality and catering business
- Manage and lead teams in the hospitality and catering industry
- Identify and analyze legal and ethical issues in the hospitality and catering industry
- Utilize information technology to improve hospitality and catering operations
Scope: Graduates of the BHCM program can work in a wide range of hospitality and catering businesses, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, cafes, and catering services.
Career Prospects: Graduates of the BHCM program can pursue careers in various fields, including hotel management, restaurant management, event management, catering services, and tourism management.
Career Options: The career options for BHCM graduates include:
- Hotel Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering Manager
- Event Manager
- Tourism Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Guest Services Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
Why Choose this Course: The BHCM program at KIC is designed to meet the needs of the hospitality and catering industry. The program provides students with a solid foundation in hospitality and catering management and prepares them for a successful career in the industry. The program offers practical training through internships, which helps students gain real-world experience and develop essential skills.
Scholarship: KIC offers various scholarships for deserving students, including scholarships based on academic excellence and financial need.