Kantipur International College (KIC) offers a Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) program that equips students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the hospitality industry. The program is affiliated with Purbanchal University, and it is designed to prepare students for managerial roles in hotels, resorts, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses.
Course Overview: The BHM program at KIC is a four-year undergraduate program that covers a wide range of subjects related to the hospitality industry. The program combines theoretical learning with practical training to provide students with a holistic understanding of the hospitality sector. The program includes courses on food and beverage service, accommodation operations, tourism management, human resource management, accounting, and marketing.
Course Outlines: The BHM program at KIC includes the following courses:
- Food and Beverage Service
- Front Office Management
- Accommodation Operations
- Food Production and Hygiene
- Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting for Hospitality
- Marketing for Hospitality
Objectives: The objectives of the BHM program at KIC are to:
- Provide students with a thorough understanding of the hospitality industry
- Develop students' management and leadership skills
- Equip students with the skills and knowledge required to manage a hospitality business
- Develop students' problem-solving and decision-making skills
Eligibility: To be eligible for the BHM program at KIC, students must have completed their higher secondary education or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the BHM program at KIC, students will be able to:
- Understand the hospitality industry and its different sectors
- Manage and operate a hospitality business
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Communicate effectively with customers, employees, and stakeholders
Scope: The hospitality industry is one of the fastest-growing industries globally, and the BHM program at KIC provides students with the opportunity to take advantage of this growth. Graduates of the program can work in hotels, resorts, restaurants, theme parks, cruise ships, and other hospitality businesses.
Career Prospects: Graduates of the BHM program at KIC can pursue various roles in the hospitality industry, including:
- Hotel Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Event Manager
- Resort Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering Manager
- Travel and Tourism Manager
Career Options: Graduates of the BHM program at KIC can find employment in both national and international hospitality businesses. They can work in various sectors, including hotel and lodging, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and event management.
Why Choose this Course: The BHM program at KIC is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in the hospitality industry. The program is structured to provide a holistic understanding of the industry and to develop students' management and leadership skills. The program combines theoretical learning with practical training, providing students with a hands-on experience that prepares them for their future careers.
Scholarship: KIC offers scholarships to deserving students based on their academic performance and financial need. The scholarships cover a portion of the tuition fee and are awarded on a yearly basis. Students can apply for scholarships during the admission process.