Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (BSc CSIT) is a four-year course affiliated with Tribhuvan University designed to provide the student with all sorts of knowledge in the field of Information Technology and Computing.
BSc CSIT program involves, in addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works. The program develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to real-world problems. This program develops the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and IT specialists.
The design and implementation of B.Sc. CSIT course offers new challenges when compared to the traditional computing environment. The recent emergence of global business, new technologies for data processing, and data communication/networking environment equip specialized science graduates to focus on professional careers in Information Technology. The B.Sc. CSIT program provides the students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable students to effectively participate in solving the complex problem of the IT industry.
The mission of the B.Sc. CSIT course:
The mission of the B.Sc. CSIT course is to prepare the students to pursue career advancement in the field of information technology. At the completion of this degree, a student will be able to design real-world e-media products or create technical solutions to hardware and software problems, depending on the chosen area of specialization and electives.
However, the main aim of the B.Sc. CSIT program can be enlisted as:
- To offer intensive knowledge in the theory, design, programming, and application of computers.
- Providing an in-depth understanding of and experience with computer systems.
- Developing creative and analytical skills that provide a basis for technological problem-solving.
- Equipping students with the technical knowledge required for IT professionals to handle multi-tasking situations and to assess and develop computer-based solutions.
- Imparting knowledge of computer and programming logic environment in IT.
- Knowledge of advanced IT applications in different business sectors.
- To equip students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professional to handle multi-tasking and multiprogramming situations and to assess and develop computer-based solutions.
- To provide necessary knowledge in the field of functional knowledge of hardware systems and the and necessary knowledge of computer software systems.
- Admission criteria
A student is eligible to study the B.Sc. CSIT course should collect and submit the admission form from any of the B.Sc. CSIT colleges. The admission form generally opens during Shrawan / Bhadra every year.
- Tribhuvan University, Institute of Science and Technology, Dean office conducts the entrance examination.
- The Entrance Examination will be of 100 Full Marks including the subjects of Intermediate/10+2 level or equivalent incorporating English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects and the pass marks is 35.
- All the Questions of the Entrance Examination will be Objective Type (MCQs).
- The Examination Time Duration will be of 2 hours.
- The Admission Form and Entrance Model Questions can be received from any of the B.Sc. CSIT colleges.
- Students do not need to fill up the TU Admission Form in more than one college. Form filled from one college will be valid for all colleges/campuses.
- Students of Grade 12 Supplementary Exam can also fill up the TU Admission Form but such students should present the Academic Transcript of Passing 10+2/Intermediate level before the publication of entrance result, otherwise the entrance examination result of such students will not be published.
The candidate applying for B.Sc. CSIT program:
- Should have successfully completed twelve years of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- Should have secured a minimum of the second division in their +2 or equivalent OR should have secured at least C in all subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12 by taking Physics and Mathematics of 100 marks.
- Passed A level in Science (have studied Physics and Mathematics of 100 marks) and passed at least in D Grade.
- Passed 3 Years Diploma in Engineering program from CTEVT taking both Physics and Mathematics.
Should have successfully passed the entrance examination conducted by TU securing at least 35% marks. Compiled with all the application procedures.
(Note: Both Biology and Mathematics groups of students of +2 level are eligible to apply for the course)