College of Nursing - Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences (NAIHS) offers 3 years of full-time nursing program for PCL Nursing affiliated with the Council For Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT).
The objective of the PCL nursing program is to prepare competent and self-reliant basic-level nurses to care for individuals, groups, and communities using the principles of primary health care.
Course Duration: 3 years.
1. Fundamental of Nursing (Theory and Practical)
2. Community Health Nursing I (Theory and Practical)
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Basic Science Applied to Nursing
1. Medical and Surgical I(Theory and Practical)
2. Medical and Surgical II(Theory and Practical)
3. Nursing Care of Children (Theory and Practical) (T & P)
4. Geriatric Nursing (Theory and Practical)
5. Community Health Nursing II (Theory and Practical) (T & P)
6. Nursing Care of Adult I & II(T & P)
7. Behavioral Science
8. Mental Health\Psychiatric Nursing (Theory and Practical)
1. Leadership & Management (Theory and Practical)
2. Midwifery & Gynecology I(Theory and Practical) (T & P)
3. Midwifery & Gynecology II
4. Midwifery & Gynecology III
5. Nepal Parichaya
SEE Old Percentage System:
SLC or Equivalent with compulsory English, Math, and Science with minimum 2nd division or Securing 45% of Total mark or TSLC (after SEE Pass) with the minimum of 68.33% for Council and 66.67% for TU.
SEE New Grading System:
SEE with compulsory English, Math, and Science with a minimum of C Grade and a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.
Must pass the Entrance exam conducted by CTEVT.