The School of Management at Tribhuvan University (SOMTU) offers Two Years Master (Postgraduate) Degree programs under Management faculty such as Master of Finance and Control (MFC) program. The MFC is designed to develop professional skill in students particularly needed to successfully manage financial institutions. This program strives to both deepen knowledge in applied finance and develop skills at managing and controlling finances by using technology relevant to careers in finance and control.
Program Objectives of MFC:
- To Prepare dedicated finance leaders for the development of the Nepalese financial sector with global perspectives;
- To produce financial managers with people skills who can successfully and efficiently manage and control the treasury of business organizations.
- To develop self-motivated and competent financial analysts and consultants, capable of launching their own sustainable financial services firms; and
- To build skilled human resource capable of financial problem solving and controlling.
- Applicants must have completed at least 15 years of formal education (12 years of schooling plus 3 years of Bachelor's level) with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or 45 percent in Bachelor's level from universities recognized by Tribhuvan University may apply.
- Applicants who have completed Bachelor's level of education but are awaiting final results may also apply.
- Candidate must have passed the SOMAT (School of Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Examination conducted by School of Management Tribhuvan University, Kritipur.
- Written Entrance Test (SOMAT)- (Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Issue-basal Essay Writing, and Case Analysis)
- Group Discussion and Individual Presentation
- Personal Interview