Government of Nepal's Scholarship for BSc Forestry at Kathmandu Forestry College
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Scholarship Branch in Sanothimi, Bhaktapur has invited applications from Nepali citizens for free study (scholarship) of BSc Forestry at Kathmandu Forestry College affiliated with Tribhuvan University. Here are some important details regarding the scholarship:
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Must have passed the undergraduate entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Forestry, Pokhara under Tribhuvan University in the year 2079.
- The General Group has 3 seats, and the Reservation Group has 1 seat each for women and tribal candidates.
- Applications can be submitted from Thursday, March 9, 2023, to Thursday, March 16, 2023.
- The application form must be submitted to the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology Scholarship Branch, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur (Former Door Shikshaya Kendra Complex).
- Applicants must pay a fee of Rs 1000 at the counter of Rastriya Banijya Bank under office code 350003501 and revenue title no 14229.
- They must submit the application along with the gross receipt.
Documents to be Submitted:
- A fully filled application form
- Gross receipts of the revenue submitted
- Copy of citizenship certificate
- Roll number, rank/merit, and subject of entrance examination conducted by Tribhuvan University, Institute of Forestry Studies, Pokhara
- Copy of Transcript of Educational Qualification passed in 10+2 or Certificate level or equivalent
- Copy of mark sheet of SLC/SEE examination, copy of equivalency certificate issued by the concerned board if the board where the educational qualification was obtained is outside Nepal.
- A copy of the recommendation letter from the concerned district administration office, if the name and date of birth are different in the certificate of citizenship and educational qualification.
Community School Group:
- Candidates must submit recommendations of poverty, recommendations related to government schools and proof related to the reserved group, and other documents prescribed for the reserved group.
- They should also attach a letter of recommendation from the concerned local body or education coordination unit that the school passed SLC/SEE is a community government.
- A disability letter issued by the concerned rural municipality/city/sub-metropolitan city/metropolitan city in accordance with schedule 1 of the regulations regarding open scholarship due to poverty, 2060, and a letter of recommendation provided by the following agency to prove that he is a member of the concerned community are also required.
Other School Group:
- Candidates must attach the documents specified above for the General Group as well as a photocopy of the recommendation letter from the body specified in item no.
- The Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology will establish the eligibility of the general and reservation groups based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by the relevant study institute or faculty and the rank/merit and the documents related to reservation.
Opportunities for Other School Groups:
- First priority will be given to the candidates who have passed the entrance examination from the public school at the reserved place and submitted the above-mentioned documents.
- Only in the absence of such candidates, reserved places will be provided to people from the same community who have passed the entrance exam from other schools within Nepal.
- In the absence of that, the reserved seats will be converted into general groups and distributed according to the scholarship regulations.
In case of any queries or problems, while filling out the form, applicants can call the branch phone number 01-6635442 for assistance.
Download/View Scholarship Notice.PDFGovernment Scholarship Scholarship in Nepal