Pokhara Technical School (Pokhara Prabidhik Shikshayalaya - पोखरा प्राविधिक शिक्षालय, फूलबारी, पोखरा, कास्की) has been established in 1996 AD by the CTEVT in Pokhara, Kaski. The aim of its establishment was to produce a trained and skilled human resource for the fast-growing tourism market of Nepal. It is well equipped with the required facilities to provide technical and vocational education on hospitality management.
In the academic sector, it offers a three-year Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM) program. From 2016 onward, PTS offered a three-year program PCL in Ophthalmic Science in partnership module with Himalaya Eye Hospital. Also offers 18 months Pre-Diploma in Culinary Art (Cooking / Baking) started in 2016 as well.
In terms of the vocational sector, PTS offers 1 week to 26 weeks of training programs. As being a school in hospitality, PTS operates its own restaurant and hotel to provide a real experience to the students and trainees during their study and training.
Vision: “Pokhara Technical School will be the Leading Institute of the Tourism & Hospitality Education in Nepal.”
Mission: Pokhara Technical School produces employable professionals in the field of Tourism &Hospitality Industry by providing quality education and training.
- Provide excellent governance and administration with transparency and adherence to ethical principles.
- Offer students high-quality teaching, learning, and training opportunities through continuous market analysis and curriculum review process and using recent technology.
- Offer quality programs that promote entrepreneurial skills and respond to the changing market needs and developments in technology.
- Ensure that graduates develop into responsible citizens by enriching their values and attributes to positively affect socio-economic development.
- Develop staff by offering opportunities for professional and personal development, rewarding hard work, and innovative thinking.
- Encourage opportunities for applied research and consultancy.
- Foster mutually beneficial constructive partnerships with various public and private sector organizations, professional bodies, and local and international communities that benefit the community at large.
- Provide facilities and learning resources that are effectively utilized and well managed to ensure efficient student and staff services.
|Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM)||40|
|Diploma in Ophthalmic Science||40|
|Pre-Diploma Level Courses (18-Months Duration):|
|Pre-Diploma in Culinary Arts||40|
|Pre-Diploma in Hotel Management||40|
Pokhara Technical School (Pokhara Prabidhik Shikshayalaya),
Phulbari-12, Pokhara, Kaski, Gandaki Province, Nepal
Phone No: 061-578040
Fax No.: 061-572040
Email: [email protected]