Sahid Narayan Pokharel Ramapur Campus (SNPRC) is a leading Public campus situated in the western part of Nepal in Lumbini Zone at Rupandehi district, 17 km west from Butwal and 18 km north from Lumbini, the birth place of Gautam Buddha. It has its own land and buildings in the centre location of Sainamaina, the newly formed historical municipality on the lap of beautiful churia hills near the Eastwest Highway.
SNPRC was established in 2060 B.S. under Tribhuwan University with a view to open door to higher education for the students of Rupandehi and neighbouring districts. The main aim of SNPRC is to provide access to higher education for the under privileged, marginalized, deprived, indigenous people like Janajati, Madeshi, Dalit etc.
It was started with 19 students in small rooms of Ramapur Higher Secondary school. SNPRC has undergone surpassing growth with 675 students and considerable physical facilities at present. It has occupied a prominent place in the educational sphere of the region as well as in the whole country. Its leading programs include BBS, B.Ed. and M.Ed. This campus has been successful in producing competitive academic human resources to compete in national and international sector which proves its excellent academic quality.
The mission of the campus is to provide access to higher education for the people of the surroundings with emphasis to Dalit, Janajati, Women, Madeshi and other marginalized groups.
SNPRC aspires to be an accredited institution of higher education through focused efforts on development of human resources, quality education, physical infrastructure and program extension activities.
Sahid Narayan Pokharel Ramapur Campus will attempt at enhancing the quality of education as per the need of the community, country and the globe.
The campus aims to be a nationally recognized educational institution through sustained efforts towards quality education, emphasis on all round development of the students and dedication for serving the community.
- To provide opportunities of higher education on demand of the community by adding more programmes.
- To conduct different programmes for all round development of students and education improvement.
- To enable students, participate in the national development with the provision of qualitative education.
- To produce competitive manpower in national and international market.
- To establish harmonious relation with the community as an active member of the society.
- To integrate teaching, learning and research activities with modern technology.
- To produce moral, diligent, conscious citizens by utilizing the local resources.
- To produce highly qualified educational manpower in local level in accordance with National policy, plan and need.
- To provide access to higher education for under -privileged, marginalized, deprived, indigenous people: Madeshi, Women, Dalit and Janajati.
- To enhance activities to promote quality teaching.
- To improve teaching -learning process in each and every department and faculty by using high technology and by focusing problem-based learning together with lecture method, group work, project work as per suitability in order to practice students- centered teaching.
- To look for resources and initiatives to sustain the campus.
- To encourage a sense of self-disciplined confidence and to develop a multidimensional personality.
- It managed and run by experienced and professional teachers.
- Excellent academic environment.
- Peaceful environment.
- Spacious and encouraging classrooms.
- Better option to select favorite’s subject.
- Well equipped library.
- Facilities of micro teaching, real teaching, seminars, field study, case study, action research.
- Well equipped library.
- Scholarships for deserving student
SNPRC has policy to offer scholarship scheme to the outstanding students specially those who are from minority caste, poor economic condition, victim of conflict and physically disabled. It provides following scholarships for excellences in PCL and +2.
- 70% and above –full scholarship.
- 60% and above -50% scholarship.
- Toppers of feeder schools -50% scholarships