Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (B.Sc. CSIT) is a four years course program of Tribhuvan University designed to provide students with all sorts of knowledge in the field of Computing and Information Technology.
The program involves, in addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works. The program develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied into the real world problems. This program develops the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and IT specialists.
The design and implementation of B.Sc. CSIT course offers new challenges when compared to the traditional computing environment. The recent emergence of global business, new technologies for data processing and data communication / networking environment, equip specialized science graduates to focus on professional careers in Information Technology. This course provides the students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable them to effectively participate in solving the complex problem of the IT industry.
Mission of the Course
The mission of the B.Sc. CSIT course is to prepare the students to pursue career advancement in the field of information technology. At the completion of this degree, a student will be able to design the real world e-media products, developing theories to evolve new technologies or creating technical solutions to hardware and software problems, depending on the chosen area and electives.
The main aims of the B.Sc. CSIT program can be enlisted as follows:
- To offer intensive knowledge in the field of theory, design, programming and application of computers.
- Providing an in-depth understanding and experience with computer systems.
- Developing creative and analytical skills that provides a basis for technical problem-solving.
- Equipping students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professionals to handle multi-tasking and multi-programming situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions.
- Imparting knowledge of computer and programming logic environment in IT.
- To foster knowledge of advanced IT applications in different business sectors.
- To provide intensive cognition in the field of functional knowledge of hardware system and the necessary knowledge of computer software system.
Salient Features of the Course
- New course design meeting the global ICT changes and updated curriculum contents.
- In addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works.
- Develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to solve real world problems.
- Builds up the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and researchers including Software developers, Computer systems analysts, Network administrators, Computer programmers, Database administrators, Web developers, IT managers, etc.
- Semester based program of Tribhuvan University having international bilateral relations.
Eligibility to Study:
The candidate applying for B.Sc. CSIT program:
- Should have successfully completed a twelve year of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- Should have secured a minimum of second division in the 10+2 or equivalent.
- Should have successfully passed the entrance examination conducted by TU securing at least 35% marks.
- Compiled with all the application procedures.
»» All three: Biology, Physical and Computer group students of +2 level are eligible to apply for the course.
Admission Criteria and Entrance Exam:
A student eligible to study the B.Sc. CSIT course should collect and submit the application form from any of the B.Sc. CSIT colleges. The applications generally opens during the month of Shrawan or Bhadra every year. All students must pass the Entrance Examination conducted by Institute of Science and Technology (IOST), Tribhuvan University in order to qualify to enroll in the B.Sc. CSIT program. The entrance examination is of 100 full marks with a pass marks of 35 consisting of objective type questions of English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects of 10+2 or equivalent.
The B.Sc. CSIT curriculum is designed by closely following the course practiced in accredited international universities and institutions, subject to the condition that the intake students are from twelve year of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university recognized by Tribhuvan University. In addition to the core computer science course and elective courses, the program offers service course to meet the need of high technology applications. The foundation and allied courses are designed to meet the need of undergraduate academic program requirements, and the service course are designed to meet the need of market demand and fast changing computer technology and application. Students enrolled in the four year B.Sc. CSIT program are required to take courses in design and implementations of computer software systems, information technology and foundation of the theoretical model of computer science and functional background of computer hardware. All students are required to complete a minimum of 126 credit hours of computer science and allied courses.