The Master of Science in Construction Management at Pokhara Engineering College is a two-year postgraduate program aimed at providing advanced knowledge and skills in construction management. The program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who want to develop their careers in the construction industry and enhance their management skills.
The program covers a broad range of topics related to construction management, including project management, construction technology and materials, construction law and regulations, quality control and safety management, and sustainable construction. The program also includes a research project in the field of construction management.
The program duration is two years, comprising of four semesters.
The objectives of the program are to:
1. Provide advanced knowledge and skills in construction management
2. Develop professionals who can effectively manage construction projects
3. Train individuals to become competent in construction project planning, scheduling, and budgeting
4. Equip students with a thorough understanding of construction technology, materials, and methods
5. Develop the ability to implement effective quality control and safety management programs
6. Enhance awareness of sustainability practices in construction.
Candidates should have completed their Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related fields with a minimum of 2.0 CGPA (or 50% aggregate) or equivalent.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
1. Manage construction projects effectively and efficiently
2. Apply construction technology and materials in a cost-effective manner
3. Develop effective quality control and safety management programs
4. Analyze and interpret construction laws and regulations
5. Use sustainable construction practices
6. Conduct research in the field of construction management.
Graduates of the program can find employment opportunities in construction companies, engineering firms, government agencies, and research organizations. They can work as construction managers, project managers, construction supervisors, construction cost estimators, and consultants.
The demand for construction managers is increasing in Nepal due to the growth of the construction industry. The program will equip students with the necessary skills to work in various fields related to construction and management.
Graduates of the program can work in the following areas:
1. Construction companies
2. Engineering firms
3. Government agencies
4. Research organizations
5. Educational institutions.
Why Choose this Course:
The Master of Science in Construction Management program provides advanced knowledge and skills in construction management, preparing students for management roles in the construction industry. The program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who want to develop their careers in the construction industry and enhance their management skills.
The college provides scholarships to deserving students based on their academic performance and financial need. Students can apply for scholarships during the admission process.