Kathmandu is the central capital city of Nepal and also the first Metropolitan City (काठमाडौँ महानगरपालिका -Mahanagarpalika) of the country. Lalitpur Metropolitan City to the south and Bhaktapur Municipality to the east are the two major cities close to Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC).
KMC is Situated between four major hills, Shivpuri, Phulchowki, Nagarjun, and Chandragiri, the metropolis has a unique geography, mysterious biodiversity, and a bowl-shaped expanse at an altitude of about 1400 m (4600 ft) above sea level, covering an area of 50.67 sq. Km. It is located at 85'20 "east longitude.
The history of this city, which has religious tolerance and high social human relations, is believed to be about 2000 years old. As a center of faith for Buddhists and Hindus, the valley is united by the diversity of thousands of nature festivals, castes, rituals, and customs, and is a major source of art and culture for the Newar community, one of the major communities of Nepali.
Archaeologically, human settlements have been found in Kathmandu since time immemorial. Neolithic remains have been found in Kathmandu. The statue of 185 AD Sambat in Maligaun, Kathmandu is the oldest relic. The Dhanda Chaitya at Chabahil, built by the daughter of Emperor Ashoka, is about two thousand years old. The Central offices of various private companies, some factories as well as Balaju Industrial Area and many sales outlets are located here. The city has the Central Secretariat of the Government of Nepal, Sihandarwar, Ministries, almost all Central Offices, Narayanhiti Palace.
Vision, Mission, and Goals:
- Due to its vibrant history of art, culture, and unique architectural style, it is one of the most visited places in the world. Swayambhu, Boudha, Pashupatinath, Hanumandhoka, and many other places inscribed on the World Heritage List are major tourist destinations in Nepal.
- This metropolis, which has been prosperous and prosperous since history, has been the center of the country's economy, while Kathmandu has also been the center of attraction for all Nepali.
- Exercising the right of autonomy and self-governance enshrined in the Constitution of Nepal with cooperatives, coexistence, and coordination,
- To distribute the benefits of the Federal Democratic Republic at the local level in a proportionate, inclusive, and equitable manner by ensuring full transparency and public participation and accountability.
- To provide accessible and quality services in accordance with the constitution and law to all metropolitan city residents in the spirit of sustainable development.
Some important places are as follows:
- Tribhuvan International Airport
- Swayambhunath temple
- Hanumandhoka palace complex
- Temple of Shri Pashupatinath
- Bouddhanath Stupa
- Singh Durbar
Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagdurbar, Kathmandu, Bagmati Pradesh, Nepal