Sarlahi Campus was established in 1980 AD (2037 BS) as a community owned higher educational institution located at malangwa, sarlahi district of Nepal. It is affiliated to Tribhuvan University (TU) and National Examinations Board (NEB). It was established with the view to spread the drier light of higher education throughout the general. The campus was turned into a graduation level campus in 2000 AD as soon as it got affiliation of Bachelor Education (B.Ed.) for BBS from TU in 2007 AD; Master of Business Studies (MBS) in 2011 AD and Master of Education (M.Ed.) in 2017 AD.
At present the campus conducts with a co-ordination of a power-balance between campus board management committee, administrative staffs, teaching staffs and associative .The campus is constantly growing from its all aspects. Sarlahi campus is offering with the co-operation of 32 teaching and non- teaching staff handling 1151 students from +2 level to master degree level programs. These days campus is enabled with competent and specialized teachers team, proper infrastructure with lots of furniture, separate Library building with student reading room, teaching materials with projectors along with transparent boards to project teaching items on them, students hostel , Computer lab , scholarship scheme for underprivileged, disabled, marginalized, Poor and intelligent student, and huge playground for extra activities . Additionally, it has been declared as the exam center of TU and NEB.
The campus has recently decided a long-term vision as to add Science faculty, BBA, MBA, Technical Education & E-library facility in near future.
Sarlahi campus has enjoyed numerous achievements since its institution such as most of the pass out students from this campus have been employed in various organization and some of them have been employed as higher level Gazetted Officers. Sarlahi campus has been selected to participate in the process of Quality Assurance and Accreditation(QAA) System organized by UGC and has also been selected for Higher Education Reform Project( HERP) conducted by UGC.
Sarlahi Campus will be an economically self-sustained, socially responsible and culturally harmonious centre of excellence both as an academic institution providing highly demanding quality education; and as an international centre for research developing and disseminating knowledge of national/ international quest and demand.
The mission of SARLAHI CAMPUS is to develop itself as a leading academic institution that will provide equal opportunity of quality education for all at affordable fee structure. The guiding principles of this institution are quality education, financial sustainability, demand orientation and equality.
- To increase pass percentage of students.
- To increase graduate employment trend of the college.
- To produce technical manpower for the nation.
- To achieve operating cost effectiveness of this institution.
- To improve credibility of academic programmes offered by this campus.
- To improve and maintain gender parity in service offering.
- To increase opportunity of education for disadvantaged groups.
- To generate practical knowledge of market interest through extensive research activities.
- To disseminate ideas acquired in the operating and research process.
- To develop national and international linkages of this institution.
- To play supportive role for the economic development of surrounding community.
- To impart community-based quality education, training and non-degree and degree programs to the people of this area.
- To develop excellent academic practitioners.
- To produce quality human resource needed by other institute and industries in this locality.
- To develop as a Deemed University.
Strategic priorities or Goals
- The goals set by the institution for the next five years are:
- To develop the institution as the centre of excellence improving its quality of education in terms of both pass percentage and graduate employment.
- To develop financial sustainability of this organization.
- To generate and disseminate knowledge of national and international quest and demand.
- To improve gender parity in education and include all culturally and economically backward groups in the mainstream of education.
- To develop this institution to be a “Deemed University” (Autonomous University) of this region.
- To institutionalize this organization as the centre of potential resource mainstreaming centre of this region for enhancement of quality standard of the local inhabitants.
- To develop this institution as one of the technically sound centre to provide easy access of the potential students.