Overview of BSc Nursing at Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences (MMIHS) offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing) which is a 4-year program aiming to produce competent nursing professionals with sound basic science foundations.
Objectives of BSc Nursing:
- To prepare competent, knowledgeable with practical skills and academically sound graduate nurses.
- To function as a care provider, manager, teacher, and researcher in these areas.
- To promote personal and professional growth.
- To build leadership roles, demonstrate effective teaching skills, and participate in research activities.
- To utilize Sound Knowledge in planning and providing comprehensive care to the clients.
- To communicate effectively with individuals and groups in different settings.
- To carry out diagnostic and therapeutic nursing measures competently.
- To provide nursing care to client with different health problems competently.
- To using nursing process in providing individualized nursing care.
- To take leadership role in planning directing supervising and evaluating nursing care activities.
- To demonstrate understanding of the socio culture beliefs and practices, which influence individual's responses to health and illness.
- To utilize principles of primary health care in planning activities for the maintenance of health of people.
- To participate in research activities of the promotion and maintenance of health and well-being of the people.
- To demonstrate positive attitude in al aspect of professional relationships.
- To take responsibility to seek new knowledge for personal and professional growth.
MMIHS will strictly follow the rules and regulations of the University and Medical Education Commission. The candidate must have I. Sc. or 10+2 degree securing at least 50% marks in aggregate or GPA 2.4 with major subjects such as physics, chemistry and biology or equivalent. Besides, the basic academic requirement, the students should be qualified on the entrance examination taken by Medical Education Commission to enroll in the program.
The curriculum includes fundamental nursing concepts, human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, community health nursing, and leadership and management in nursing. Clinical practicums are integral, providing hands-on experience in various healthcare settings.
The BSc Nursing program is a four-year course, structured across eight semesters.
There are 40 seats available in this program, ensuring a diverse and interactive learning environment.
- To provide a strong foundation in nursing and related health sciences.
- To develop critical thinking and decision-making skills in clinical situations.
- To prepare graduates to provide quality nursing care in diverse healthcare settings.
- To promote research and lifelong learning in the field of nursing.
- Completion of higher secondary education or equivalent, preferably in a science stream.
- A competitive entrance examination score, as required by MMIHS and TU.
- Proficiency in comprehensive nursing care.
- Ability to apply nursing theories and principles in practice.
- Enhanced communication and teamwork skills in healthcare.
- Competence in conducting and utilizing nursing research.
Graduates are prepared for employment in hospitals, community health settings, educational institutions, and research organizations.
Prospective students should contact the MMIHS administration office for detailed information regarding the fee structure.
The program opens diverse career opportunities in healthcare, both within Nepal and internationally.
- Registered Nurse
- Community Health Nurse
- Nursing Educator
- Nursing Administrator
- Research Nurse
Why Choose this Course
- Comprehensive curriculum blending theory and practical experience.
- Experienced faculty and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Strong focus on student-centered learning and clinical competence.
- Opportunities for international exposure and learning.
MMIHS offers scholarships based on various criteria, including academic merit and financial need. Interested candidates should inquire with the institute for scholarship opportunities.
The BSc Nursing program at MMIHS is an excellent choice for those aspiring to become skilled, knowledgeable, and compassionate nursing professionals, equipped to meet the healthcare challenges of the 21st century.