Bachelor of Civil Engineering at Pokhara Engineering College
Bachelor of Civil Engineering at Pokhara Engineering College (PEC) is a four-year undergraduate program that provides comprehensive knowledge and practical skills in various civil engineering domains, including structural, geotechnical, transportation, environmental, and water resources engineering. The program is affiliated with Pokhara University and focuses on providing high-quality education through theoretical and practical knowledge, research, and innovation.
The course is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in various areas of civil engineering, including mathematics, mechanics, surveying, engineering geology, fluid mechanics, structural analysis, transportation engineering, environmental engineering, water resources engineering, and project management. The course also includes laboratory work and field visits to enhance practical skills and provide real-life experience.
The Bachelor of Civil Engineering program at PEC is a four-year full-time course.
The main objectives of the program are to:
- Provide high-quality education and training in various domains of civil engineering.
- Develop analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required for civil engineering practice.
- Enhance practical skills and knowledge through laboratory work and field visits.
- Foster research and innovation in the field of civil engineering.
- Prepare students for professional engineering practice and lifelong learning.
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Civil Engineering program at PEC, students must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent level education in science stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will have:
- Strong foundational knowledge in various areas of civil engineering.
- The ability to apply mathematical and engineering principles to analyze and solve complex problems in civil engineering.
- Practical skills in laboratory work and field visits.
- The ability to design and analyze civil engineering projects.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- An understanding of ethical and professional responsibilities.
The scope of civil engineering is vast, and graduates can work in various sectors such as construction, transportation, environmental engineering, water resources management, and geotechnical engineering. Graduates can work in both government and private sectors as consultants, contractors, project managers, researchers, and academics.
Graduates of Bachelor of Civil Engineering at PEC can pursue a successful career in various fields, including:
- Construction and infrastructure development
- Transportation engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Water resources management
- Geotechnical engineering
- Research and academics
Some of the career options for graduates include:
- Civil Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Transportation Engineer
- Water Resources Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
Why Choose this Course:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering at PEC is an excellent program for students interested in pursuing a career in civil engineering. The program provides high-quality education through theoretical and practical knowledge, laboratory work, and field visits. The program prepares students for professional engineering practice and lifelong learning. Graduates can pursue a successful career in various sectors and make a significant contribution to the development of the nation.
PEC provides various scholarships to deserving and needy students based on academic merit and financial need.