Public Service Commission's annual report for the financial year 2078/079, press release submitted to the Honorable President: The Public Service Commission has submitted its annual report for the financial year 2078/079 to the honorable President on Thursday, Ashoj 13, 2079. According to the provision in the constitution, the Public Service Commission has been submitting its annual report to the head of state every year since 2016. This is the sixty-third annual report presented by the commission.
Presenting the report on behalf of the commission, honorable chairman Mr. Madhav Prasad Regmi presented details about the subjects included in the report. Accepting the report, Honorable President Mrs. Bidya Devi Bhandari praised the work done by the Public Service Commission, which is the heritage of faith and trust of the Nepalese people, and expressed confidence that the commission will be successful in making public administration clean and inclusive. The Honorable President also mentioned that he would draw the attention of the government to address the suggestions given in the submitted report on time.
In this report, the basis of the commission's performance, administrative and financial status, advertisement and application related details, examination technique, educational qualification, and the actions taken by the commission in relation to curriculum determination, examination conduct, and answer sheet examination details, interview, and recommendation details, inclusive post filling details, The written examination conducted for filling the positions of the security agencies and organized organizations and the details of the selection from the written examination, the details of the consultation given in various service related laws and the details of the decisions of the Commission on promotion complaints, as well as the status of the implementation of the suggestions presented in the previous reports of the Commission and the improvements to be made in the public service, etc. Tips are included on the topic.
The main facts related to the work carried out by the commission during the financial year 2078/079:
▪ According to the request from the service management body to the Commission for filling vacancies, during the financial year 2078/079, a total of 1 thousand 397 advertisements and promotion notices have been published for a total of 3 thousand 727 posts. From the advertisement, 1,233 applications were requested for promotion, 271 for internal competition, 1,206 for open competition, and 1,017 applications for inclusive competition for women, tribals/tribes, Madhesi, Dalits, Apanga, and backward areas.
▪ A total of 365434 applications have been received in the Public Service Commission's online application system for internal competition and open competition advertisement.
▪ In the advertisements in the financial year 2078/079, applications have been received from all 77 districts of Nepal. The 5 districts with the highest number of applications are Saptari, Dhanusha, Sarlahi, Mahottari, and Siraha respectively. A total of 66595 or 18 percent have applied from the said five districts. Similarly, the 5 districts with the lowest number of applications are Manang, Mustang, Rasuwa, Dolpa, and Mugu. A total of 2,348 or 0.64 percent have applied from these districts.
▪ A total of 1 lakh 28 thousand 60 candidates have participated in the various written examinations conducted by the civil service for the various examinations conducted by the Commission during this period, including 48 thousand 653 female candidates and 79 thousand 407 male candidates. A total of 53 candidates, including 5 women and 48 men, have been prosecuted for irregularity in the examination.
▪ During the financial year 2078/079, a total of 2,672 candidates have been recommended for permanent appointment in the civil service. Among them, 738 women and 1,934 men. Syangja, Kathmandu, Gulmi, Morang, and Arghakhanchi are the districts where the most candidates are recommended. No candidate from the Manang district could be recommended.
▪ The average age of candidates to be recommended in the financial year 2078/079 is 31 years. Out of a total of 2,672 posts recommended during the reporting period, there are 1,861, 630, and 181 posts of various advertisements in the financial years 2076/077, 2077/078, and 2078/079 respectively. A considerable number of candidates have been notified and recommended during the work report period for filling up the posts of many advertisements of the previous year, which were blocked due to the covid epidemic, vacancy of officials for about 3 months in the commission, etc.
A total of 1023 candidates have been recommended for a permanent appointment during this period from inclusive ads, including 380 for women, 288 for tribals/tribals, 191 for Madhesi, 74 for Dalits, 53 for Apanga, and 37 candidates for backward areas. have been In the last 15 years including the reporting period, a total of 22,692 candidates from all-inclusive groups have been recommended for permanent appointment.
▪ During the financial year 2078/079, a total of 40 consultations have been provided in various agencies regarding the law related to employee service conditions, departmental punishment, etc. Since there are 97 recommendations related to promotion from various promotion committees, 28 complaints have been received in the commission based on various recommendations, and it has been decided to revise 18 different promotions after handling the complaints. Similarly, counseling has been provided to a total of 29 employees including 17gazetted and 12 non-gazetted employees. In this way, 14 section officers or similar employees have been provided counseling for punishment.
▪ During the financial year 2078/079, 30 courses of different services, groups, and categories have been created, while the courses of 178 different positions have been revised. Courses for 8 different posts of Nepal Health Service, Nepal Education Service, and Federal Parliament Service are under construction.
▪ Since the financial year 2073/074, the commission has been conducting the written examination for filling the posts of security agencies and organized organizations. At present, the Commission is involved in the recruitment process of 95 institutions/bodies, including security agencies.
▪ During the financial year 2078/079, the commission has given consent to publish advertisements for 20,353 posts in 3 security agencies and 26 organized organizations, while 777 posts have been advertised by related agencies. During this period, 81 percent of candidates for security agencies and 42 percent of candidates for reputable organizations participated in the written examination conducted for various advertisements of 30 agencies, including those approved in the last financial year.
▪ 31349 candidates have been selected from the written examination of 612 advertisements of 34 different agencies conducted by the commission and sent to the vacancy committee of the relevant agency for interview.
Suggestions and implementation for improvement in public service
▪ Referring to the fact that the entire staff management and mobilization work has been affected due to the non-promulgation of the Federal Civil Service Act, it is suggested to make necessary arrangements in accordance with the order of the Honorable Supreme Court regarding staff adjustment and take seriously the various suggestions given through the previous report of the Commission and issue the Federal Civil Service Act immediately. is given.
▪ Along with this, various other suggestions for improving Nepal's public administration are included in this report.
Notice Lok Sewa Aayog