Rapti Engineering College was established in 2008 AD located in Ghorahi, Dang district of Nepal It is one of the modern academic institutions in the Mid-Western region of Nepal. REC is a group of dedicated, technical, academic Engineering & IT professionals to meet the ever-growing need for quality higher education. It provides latest technological and engineering course of global standard. The college has been offering Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Civil Engineering, and Bachelor of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Rapti Engineering College is also affiliated to Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT). It also offers Technical Education such as Diploma in Computer Engineering, TSLC in Civil Engineering (Civil Sub-Overseer), TSLC in Electrical Engineering (Electrical Sub-overseer) and TSLC in Survey Engineering (AMIN).
Build and develop the REC as a center of excellence for creating technical professionals having competencies in harmony with the contemporary and future national needs.
- To create and continuously upgrade academic infrastructure.
- To continuously improve the teaching-learning process.
- To focus on productive research.
- To identify, based on an informed perception of Nepalese, regional and global needs, areas of expertise upon which the college can concentrate.
- To identify and undertake collaborative projects which can offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in various technical professions.
- To help them attaining higher academic excellence, scientific temper, technical and professional competencies with life skills.
- To develop long-term relationships with other national and international educational institutions, government and non-government organization for creating a motivational learning environment.
- Academic integrity and accountability.
- Respect and tolerance for the views of every individual.
- Attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.
- Appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity.
- An unbound spirit of exploration and judiciousness.
- To provide the youth with the best opportunities and conducive learning environment towards higher education and research in engineering, technology, and allied science.
- To increase library resources by 10% each year.
- To continuously improve the teaching system by problem-based learning and other emerging teaching methodology.
- To execute the objective measurement chart for monitoring and evaluating the functional output in each department.
- To plan, design and execute the at least one research program annually in the field of engineering and IT under the guidance of the R & D department.
- To be a model national engineering college by increasing educational standard and quality.
- To deliver technically competence, socially progressive, economically viable, culturally broad-based and ethically accepted lifetime educational skills.