Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a four-year undergraduate program that trains students in the techniques and principles of physical therapy. The program aims to prepare students to become skilled physiotherapists who can assess and treat patients with physical disabilities or impairments.
The BPT program at the School of Health and Allied Sciences, Pokhara Nepal covers various subjects such as anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, psychology, biomechanics, kinesiology, electrotherapy, exercise therapy, rehabilitation, and community-based rehabilitation. The program also includes clinical training, research projects, and internships.
The duration of the BPT program is four years, which includes both theoretical and practical training.
The main objectives of the BPT program are to:
- Develop students' knowledge and skills in the principles and techniques of physiotherapy
- Train students to assess and treat patients with physical disabilities or impairments
- Provide students with practical training in clinical settings
- Develop students' communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Encourage students to conduct research in the field of physiotherapy
Minimum 2.4 CGPA in Aggregate and Minimum C+ Grade in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/mathematics (PCB) and Minimum C Grade in other subjects.
Must have passed proficiency certificate in Physiotherapy recognized by University/CTEVT and registered in Nepal Health Professional Council. The students must have secured 50% in each subject and 50% marks in aggregate.
Upon completion of the BPT program, students will be able to:
- Assess and diagnose physical disabilities or impairments
- Develop treatment plans and implement them effectively
- Use various physiotherapy techniques to relieve pain, restore mobility, and improve physical function
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Conduct research in the field of physiotherapy
There is a high demand for skilled physiotherapists in Nepal and abroad. Graduates of the BPT program can work in hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, sports centers, and private practice. They can also pursue higher education in the field of physiotherapy.
The BPT program opens up various career opportunities for graduates, such as:
- Physiotherapist in hospitals, clinics, and rehabilitation centers
- Sports physiotherapist in sports centers and teams
- Community-based rehabilitation worker
- Private practice physiotherapist
The BPT program offers various career options for graduates, such as:
- Sports physiotherapist
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Pain management specialist
- Researcher in the field of physiotherapy
Why Choose this Course:
The BPT program is an excellent choice for students who are interested in healthcare and want to help people with physical disabilities or impairments. The program offers practical training, research opportunities, and a high demand for skilled graduates. Graduates of the BPT program can make a significant difference in the lives of their patients and contribute to society.
The School of Health and Allied Sciences, Pokhara Nepal offers scholarships to deserving students based on their academic performance and financial need. Students can also apply for various scholarships offered by the government and other organizations.