Kantipur Management Private Limited (KMPL) announces the vacancy for Adaptation for Smallholders in Hilly Areas (ASHA) Project, is an undertaking of Ministry of Forests and Environment (MoFE) with the financial support of International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
This is a six-year project (effective From February 2015). It has been implementing in seven districts (Kalikot, Dailekh, Salyan, Jajarkot, East Rukum, West Rukum, and Rolpa) of Province Number Five and Karnali Province. MoFE is the Executing Agency with overall project implementation responsibilities. Department of Agriculture and Department of Livestock Service of (then) Ministry of Agricultural Development are the implementing partners. The project implements its activities in close collaboration with District Coordination Committees and Division Forest Offices in each district.
ASHA is a climate change adaptation project that supports in developing the capacity to tackle consequences of climate change. The goal of this project is reducing poverty in hilly areas of Nepal, who are facing challenges due to climate change. There are two main outcomes in the project, Framework for local-level climate adaptation strengthened and Climate resilience of vulnerable smallholder farmers improved.
KMPL hereby invites applications from interested and appropriately qualified Nepalese citizens for the following job positions as per the following minimum requirements of qualification and experiences:
Position: DISTRICT CLIMATE CHANGE SPECIALIST-1
Duty Station: PROJECT DISTRICTS
Reports to: District Project Coordinator (DPC), and copy to Project Coordinator
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in climate change, environmental management, natural resource management, sustainable rural development or related discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experiences in the relevant field, including at least 2 years of experience in the management of climate change adaptation and mitigation programmes, and 2 years working experience at the field level;
Job Title: LAPA COORDINATOR — 2
Duty station: PROJECT DISTRICTS
Reports to: District Project Coordinator and copy to Project Coordinator
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors degree in climate change, environmental management, natural resource management sustainable rural development or related discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experiences in natural resource management including at least 2 years of experience in LAPA preparation for local level climate change adaptation, and 2-year working experience at field level;
Job Title: LIVESTOCK SPECIALIST-1
Duty station: SURKHET DISTRICT
Reports to: Technical Team Leader and Project Coordinator
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Masters degree in livestock production, veterinary science or related discipline
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the management of livestock production or animal health services, including at least 3 years experience in the senior level and at least 3 years work experience at field level
Salary and benefits will be as per the rules and regulation of the project. Preference will be given to women and ethnic minority candidates. Detailed ToR, qualification and experiences can be downloaded from www.kantipurjob.com.The applicants need to submit their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) by 315' October, 2018 (14th Kartik, 2075) by 5:00 PM to the following email address by mentioning applied job position in the subject line : [email protected] or by post on mentioned address below.
Kantipur Management Pvt. Ltd.
Panchayan Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +9771451572, 4251599
PO. Box No: 1672
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process (es). Canvassing at any stage of the selection process shall lead to automatic disqualification.No telephone inquiries will be entertained.