Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) - Karnali Province implements ‘Enabling Action for Community Health’ (EACH) supported by the Swiss Red Cross (SRC) and British Red Cross (BRC). It is an integrated project, which comprises National Society Development (NSD) Health and DRR-CCA components. The project is being implemented in one rural municipality of two districts in Kalikot (Sanni Tribeni) and Dailekh (Bhagawatimai). The overarching objectives of the project are (1) to improve the access and quality of reproductive health services particularly, maternal, newborn, adolescent health, family planning, and WASH services, (2) National Society Development (NSD), and (3) Increase demand and service utilization through improving behavior change and healthy practices. For the smooth operation of the project, the Nepal Red Cross Society Karnali province office invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizens for the following position.
1. Position: Programme Coordinator
- Level: 7 (Seven)
- Numbers: 1 (One)
- Duty Station: Karnali Province Office — Surkhet with frequent visits to project sites
- Master’s degree in public health or Disaster Risk Management (DRM) or social science (sociology, rural development, environmental science) with a minimum of 5 years of work experience as an officer in integrated project management being community health and DRR-CCA as major domains.
- Understanding of government policies, planning processes, and procedures related to Health and DRR at province and municipality levels
- Having experience in fundraising, proposal, and concept note writing.
- Having skills for effective communication and facilitation.
- Willingness to travel in remote project areas.
- Fluent in English and Nepali languages.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email).
- Age limit: 21-35 for men and 21-40 for women
The contract period is for one year with the possibility of extension. Please visit the Jobs Nepal website for Job-Descriptions to download.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending updated curriculum vitae, cover letter, and a recent photograph with details of two referees to [email protected] or uploading in Jobs. Nepal site.
The last date for submitting the application is 17:00 hrs, June 22, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the further selection process.
The position applied should be clearly mentioned in the ‘subject’ of the application or email.Kalikot Karnali Pradesh Job Vacancy NGO Job