VSO Nepal is currently recruiting for Volunteering positions for Action Learners and Team Leaders for its ICS programme.
VSO is the world's largest leading independent international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. We have been in Nepal since 1964 to improve the lives of impoverished people in some of the country's poorest districts.
WHAT IS ICS?
International Citizen Service (ICS) is a UK Government funded volunteering programme, led by VSO, that brings together young people from the UK and Nepal to make a difference in some of the poorest communities in Nepal
It promotes intercultural dialogue, sharing and learning between young people from the UK and Nepal
It gives youth aged 18-25 a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend three months to collaborate on finding solutions to real-life problems
The new group of placements will start in February 2019 for three months in Dhading, Changunarayan, Lamjung, Sankhu, and Surkhet with projects focused on themes of Inclusive Education and Resilienceworking alongside local NGO partners. Action Learners and Team Leaders will be placed in host-homes during the entire cycle. This is a fully funded programme and we will cover all your food, transportation and accommodation cost.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and not a paid position.
Action Learners (60 positions)
- Good verbal English language skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in development work.
- Commitment and willingness to complete the entire 3-month cycle working in a rural and basic environment.
- Must be 18-25 years of age.
Team Leaders (6 positions)
- Possesses good verbal and written English.
- Experience in working with /supporting youth from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Commitment to working in a rural and basic environment for at least 16 weeks.
- Ability to plan logically and efficiently managing a varied workload.
- Desirable experience of working in the development sector.
- Must be 23-35 years of age.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form at http://bitlyiapplyvsoics by 21st December 2018. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.